Tuesday, December 15, 2009

7 Months

I first met Dan at a networking event about 6 months ago and we’ve since become friends. He told me he and his wife were expecting their first child in February and would like some pregnancy photos. I’ve never really done that kind of photography, but I was willing to try, if he and Katie were. Although I feel I have a pretty good grasp and knowledge of lighting, each genre of the photographic arts has its own nuances, and maternity photos are no different. I spent the next few months reading and visiting websites of photographers all over the world for inspiration on lighting, posing, camera angles and so on. By looking at many other photogs work, a pattern of the best began to emerge. I studied those lighting and posing patterns and committed them to memory. When Dan and Katie finally came over, I had everything ready to go. Since I’d never done this before, I was nervous as hell. The same feelings I had on my first wedding and my first mitzvah. Luckily, they were very cooperative and just had a good time. So did I! I’m really pleased with how the photos turned out. Here’s a little clip of the session. Tell me what you think. I’d love to hear! done 7 Months

7 Months

This movie requires Adobe Flash for playback.

[Via http://atlantaweddingphotographer.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment