Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Small Shop, Big Savings

So many great sales going on lately! Black Friday, Cyber Monday, a ton of holiday discounts…it’s a shopper’s favorite season! Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to participate in the amazing sales filling up my inbox because I had to spend a rather large amount of money on my wedding dress alterations last week: $530. I almost fainted when they told me the amount, after the seamstress had already pinned my gown to fit my body. What makes me upset is that the salesperson who sold me my dress ordered it for me in a size 2. I assumed, since I’m so small and that we’d been joking about my 98-pound frame the whole morning, that a 2 was the smallest size I could order. But after I shelled out the $530 for my alterations, I went online and found out that my dress was available in a size 0! I’m pretty sure my alterations wouldn’t be $530 if I’d gotten a smaller size. I’m not sure what to do about it.

So I’m trying not to think about it. I can just chalk it up to the fact that weddings are expensive. Thankfully, there are places like Pink Champagne and Roses that can help brides cut their costs. I wish I’d known about this place before I bought my dress.

Pink Champagne and Roses, Miami, Florida

The only bridal consignment boutique in South Florida, Pink Champagne and Roses was started by longtime friends Ameila and Barbara to help brides afford beautiful, designer dresses without the designer price tag. Their selection of gently used and sample designer dresses include Vera Wang, Badgley Mischka, Christina Wu, Alfred Angelo, Maggie Sottero, Lazaro, and many others.

In addition to dresses, Pink Champagne and Roses also sells wedding accessories, and brides know, or will soon find out, that these accessories can also put a huge dent in their wallet if purchased brand new. Typically, brides only wear their veils for pictures and the ceremony, so I went to Pink Champagne and Roses to find a veil. Veils retail for over $200—another price I wasn’t expecting. But at Pink Champagne and Roses, I actually bought two veils for $180 total. One is short, one is long (the longer one was more expensive). I didn’t have my dress with me, and I figured, since the veils were so cheap, I could just buy both and then decide later which one to use. Ameila and Barbara even said I could bring the veils back to reconsign!

Trying on a veil ($25) at Pink Champagne and Roses

Other members of the wedding party can also benefit from this unique consignment boutique. Pink Champagne and Roses has a generous selection of MOB, MOG, flower girl, and bridesmaid dresses, sizes 0 to 26, and up to 80% off retail.

For the bride looking to save some money, Pink Champagne and Roses is a must stop. Relax, enjoy a glass of their pink champagne, and you won’t even feel like you are in a consignment store!

[Via http://chasinglouboutin.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment