Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Daniel + Joelle's Pre-Wedding Shoot

I guess this post would be long overdue as I was quite tied up with other things and also as the couple for this next shoot requested that I delay the publication of their pre-wedding photos. Well  as they needed to prepare all the necessary before announcing to their friends that they would be married so I guess it would not hurt to delay a bit!!

This is my first pre-wedding shoot and I would say that it is indeed a privilege for me to shoot this couple as the bride-to-be is my ex-colleague!! Yup,…they requested for me to shoot their pre-wed photos and also this one is quite unique. Why you may ask?? Well for starters they did not want to shoot the conventional type of photos usually taken in a bridal studio (this is quite common here is Malaysia by the way!!) as they felt it is quite fake. So instead of the usual, they’ve decided to shoot a casual one to ensure its simplicity.

My first assignment was to find a suitable location and since I’ve never shot a pre-wedding shoot before it was really quite a brain drainer for me as I surveyed whatever location there is in Kuala Lumpur. Well finally I met up with the couple and provided my suggestions for places to shoot and I guess there places are just too far. An idea came up as I proposed to shoot around my housing estate in Bukit Jelutong (”Bukit” is the malay word for “Hill”) and after bringing them for a tour around the place,….they absolutely loved it!!

Finally the day came and we drove around Bukit Jelutong to shoot the pre-wed photos and of course we had an

enjoyable time as we tried many poses and locations and not forgetting that both Daniel and Joelle are indeed a sporting couple. I was also glad to have the company of my good bud from high school Nicky Ang to shoot with me. Below are some of the shots taken and I hope you enjoy them. Cya,….;)

No comments:

Post a Comment