Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Sunday Times is where you find the real news.

I will unashamedly admit I was perusing the “Weddings & Celebrations” section of the Sunday NYT, and found this enlightening nugget…

Normally, I chose one of the briefer announcements to read in order to devote some attention away from the people who have their photos and sappy multi-page stories about how he’s an investment banker and she’s a feminist from *gasp* Barnard.

In particular, this story was just so romantic because, among other details, they met when they were working on Bush’s ‘04 reelection campaign. And, well, I just didn’t realize that more than one person in the whole of Massachusetts was working on Bush’s ‘04 reelection campaign. Kidding aside, here’s what got me:

Mr. Vasey, 29, owns two Five Guys Burgers and Fries franchises, one in Swampscott, Mass., the other in Gloucester, Mass.

There’s a Five Guys in Massachusetts! Why this news was buried in a pictureless, word-limited wedding announcement deep in the dark crevasses of the Sunday Times, I’ll never know.

Also from this week’s wedding announcements, I learned a new word: dramaturgy. As in, “The bride is getting a degree in dramaturgy. She will be keeping her last name, but not her bank account.”

No comments:

Post a Comment