Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Real or Fake. . . ?

Were you able to guess right? Well let’s see . . . BOTH cakes are fake! Did I get you?!

Not only is this an excellent money saving tip it is also a lot less work & stress. What many Brides – on – a – Budget are doing these days are purchasing these wedding cakes that are more fake than real. By fake, I mean most of the tiers are made out of styrofoam with fondant over laying, topped with decorative flair.

The cake on the left is one of the most beautiful cakes I’d ever seen at one of my weddings. The maitre’d informed me that it was fake. I was shocked! I could not believe it! Well ladies, believe it! And this money saver can knock off hundreds from your wedding budget & the best part is that your guests will never know!

OK, so you’re probably wondering . . . If the cake is fake & made of styrofoam, what will I serve to my guests? Well, it’s simple. During each wedding, as desired, there is a cake cutting ceremony in which the bride & groom cut the cake, put it on each other’s faces, feed it to one another, etc., etc. During that time your guests will be taking photos, cheering, laughing and enjoying watching the new happy couple.

Afterwards, guests are directed to arrive back at their seats while the staff brings the cake to the kitchen. More inexpensive sheet cakes are then sliced in the back (behind the scenes) and served without your guests ever knowing; mind you the sheet cakes have the same color icing and texture so that your guests will be easily fooled, trust me on this.

Now, after looking at those gorgeous cakes in addition to the money saving tip I just provided, I think you might second guess when you’re visiting your cake designer. I promise you a million wonderful memories, a lot of fun, great tasting cake that did not cost a fortune, happy guests and more money in your pocket for that dream house you’re going to purchase post wedding day!

[Via http://somethingnewbridal.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment