Saturday, February 6, 2010

Trying to bake a wedding cake part 1

I wanted to make a wedding cake for my own wedding but that didn’t happen.  When my wedding came around I didn’t have any time.  From making my own bouquets to my own wedding favours the last thing I wanted to do was bake a cake.

But, a few months ago I got the news that my cousin is getting married in May and of course I said I would bake the cake.  It is going to be hard especially with such a fussy baby and a child going through the terrible two’s but I think I am up for the challenge (I guess I have to be!).

A week or so ago I had the chance to bake a cake because my SIL was visiting.  Somehow we were able to complete a cake even though we were kind of out of it.

We used the Whiteout Cake recipe from Baked, which turned out to be delicious!

I covered the cake in a marshmallow fondant and my SIL did the design freehand! I know the pictures didn’t turn out great but there will be more to come in my future wedding cake endeavours.

[Via http://mamabaker.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment