Saturday, January 30, 2010

Get To Know: MUNALUCHI Bridal Magazine

Just a few moments ago I visited my local Barnes and Noble for a copy of the latest Eric Jerome Dickey novel…when I stumbled across this rare gem at the newsstand – Munaluchi Bridal Magazine.

Munaluchi bridal Magazine

Right off the bat, I inwardly screamed with joy. That’s Igbo! Munaluchi if you split it up is two common Nigerian names for male and female – Munachi and Oluchi. (Hmm…perhaps these names are her children’s?? More on that later.)

Photobucket

And so when I saw it I grabbed it and quickly flip through. My jaw remained open….for a good minute as I read each feature. My initial thought was this is a great quality African-catered bridal magazine. (No shade to those in the same African bridal market!)

Native Couture

MUNALUCHI BRIDAL also features Real Everday Weddings, Native Couture (bridal wear designs from Estella Couture, Linany Couture, Jezreel, Cote Minou) and as well as the traditional bride gown.

Shout-out to its editor in chief Jacqueline Nwobu! She started the magazine out of frustration while looking for unique Ankara fabric inspiration for her own wedding three years ago. (Every African girl knows the thrill of looking for a perfect traditional outfit from the fabric to the design.)

Jacqueline Nwobu

The magazine lives true to its slogan – Catering to the Bride Who Craves Culture & Style. Remember where you read about Munaluchi Bridal magazine right here on FG2BH! Learn more by visiting MunaluchiBridal.com.

photo credits: Munaluchi Studios.

[Via http://fg2bh.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment