Saturday, January 23, 2010

Michael and Angela

It’s a very welcome indeed leave weekend about to begin here – the couple of weeks since the Christmas holidays seem to have just flown past and already they and the incumbent festivities seem like a short lifetime away.

Leave weekends here usually for me mean that there will be a wedding and this afternoon is no different.

Lovely Gullanites (if that is the correct appellation for people who live in Gullane) Michael and Angela will be marrying each other today and as ever it will be a privilege to play a small part in the proceedings.

On account of the time of the year that it is they are having the Robert Burns’ masterpiece as one of the readings:

O my Luve’s like a red, red rose

That’s newly sprung in June:

O my Luve’s like the melodie

That’s sweetly play’d in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,

So deep in luve am I:

And I will luve thee still, my dear,

Till a’ the seas gang dry:

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,

And the rocks melt wi’ the sun;

I will luve thee still, my dear,

While the sands o’ life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only Luve

And fare thee weel, a while!

And I will come again, my Luve,

Tho’ it were ten thousand mile.

[Via http://limpingtowardsthesunrise.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment