Monday, August 24, 2009

Black and white clutch is always SEXY

As a child growing up in the south, I was always taught to associate the color of black with mourning, then the color of white as “not to be worn after Labor Day.  Well, thank goodness for New York City, where most of the fashion rules are broken and the only rule that is enforce is about personal style.  I love seeing people in NYC, Atlanta, LA and Vegas, striking out on their own and taking fashion risks.  Just letting their personal style and taste dictate what they feel sexy  in wearing to work or just going to dinner with friends.

I got invited to anniversary party for a couple of my friends and we’re asked to wear white to the party, in the middle of the month of June.  So, I found the perfect outfit to wear but, I refuse to wear white shoes.  I found this pair of  “to die for” red patent leather pumps with a little peep-a-boo toe.  So, now all I needed to do was to design a clutch, but not just any purse, something sexy.  The next day while out buying supplies , my eye caught a glimpse of the print.  A new clutch bag was born. I decide to lined this clutch bag with red dupioni silk for that nice contrast of color, plus it matched my shoes.  When, I tell you that my whole look was a hit at this party and the compliments on my styling were over the top!  But the bag was the biggest hit and I made sure to open the bag so everyone could see the red lining.

So, don’t be afraid to take some risks in fashion and in life. You can check out my designs at www.juilasherry.etsy.com.  Have a great day and keep smiling!!!     Sherry

[Via http://juliasherrydesigns.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment