Monday, August 24, 2009

R & R (Revitalised and Reflections)

I have been married for a year and 4 days. Time flies. I remember planning the wedding and my wedding day like it was just yesterday. The past year had been so full of ups and downs – 3 big moves – 2 countries – but I am glad we survived. Treated ourselves to a stay in Claridges Hotel in London and had the most amazing time ever. Well, the check-in receptionist was rather snotty but everyone else in the hotel were wonderful and so professional. Definitely well worth spending that time and money to treat your loved one on a special occasion.

I was so glad to be back in London. Glad to be able to evesdrop on conversations, glad to be able to communicate to the hairstylist, shop assistants and generally, anyone on what I wanted – and get good service in return. Here, I feel like a mute. A fly on the wall.

Dont get me wrong – I love Switzerland. Its transportation and health care systems are world class. Everything’s so clean and the scenary is to die for. But, its just too sanitary. I was reminded how dirty London is after I blew my nose on the first day. Ugh. I dont mind though – a city should be squidgy around the edges. Imperfect in some ways but you love it anyway.

I cant wait to move back.

[Via http://summerrain9578.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment