Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Denial Twist.

Apparently if we keep making excuses then we must not really want what we were chasing. Hmm.

I have a boyfriend.

Summer is returning! Slightly, anyway. We’re back in shirts ‘n’ skirts for school, and the other day I was actually wearing thongs – in winter! Meg calls that beating the system. I think she is 100% right. Soon it will be Spring, which brings with it no more cold nights, no more gusty days whereupon you shouldn’t have bothered doing anything creative with your hair. It means happiness is on the way, and it means more dandelions. But most important of all, it means COASTER! *dances violently*

So the wedding was real classy, and nice. Noah’s On The Beach is a lovely venue, it overlooks the beach via solid glass walls from ceiling to floor. The beach actually looks better at night, it has an overly calming effect. Needless to say what great music came from the mystical “Majestic Mobile Music” booth. I kid you not, that is what it was called. Although a rather strange incident occurred at the very end thou shalt not address.

Two of my three fish died in two consecutive days. The first one didn’t even give me a chance to mourn! Before I knew it, the next one went. I am not the best fish keeper i’ll admit, but I honestly think there is an outbreak of something in my tank – a pandemic affecting my fish, perhaps? Anyway, I have a funny lurking feeling that the last fish is on it’s way out. It keeps “sleeping” at the bottom of the tank, and it has spazzes consisting of several backflips and darting when I turn on my bedroom light. It’s rather strange if you ask me.

Is it possible to become addicted to anything, anything at all? If that’s the case, I think I may possibly be addicted to Silversun, a cult kid’s tv show. Not really a cult, but it used to be. And iced coffee. Iced coffee is the bad part of this addiction I have going on. Caffeine is not the best stimulative material to be drinking everyday. But I think in my vast imagination that stretches further than the horizon does, we are all travelling to our own Silversun. To our own planets (see previous blog on planet-naming). Some people are just there for settling on the planet, and are in suspended animation. Some people are just there for the ride, and some are there to make life what it is.

Which brings me to the weatherman. The devious little weatherman that fits the description of a scruffy one whom doesn’t dress in the right attire: no tie, no collared shirt etc. And who doesn’t do his job! He is one of those mystical people who, when they are most needed, inconveniently run off for a holiday in Hawaii and turn their phone off to cease all communication with the outside world. According to Josh Pyke, the weatherman’s duty to fulfill is that of telling us to go back to bed when we awake because it’s a shame to go outside when the wind keeps howling now. You should all have scoffed - we need a replacement weatherman.

Just as a side note, ‘Yellow Submarine’ by The Beatles makes me so wonderfully happy. And how good is GO! ? The new channel on tv. It has such goodens, like The Jetsons!

[Via http://dandelionchild.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment