Saturday, September 12, 2009

Movies and other things

Well this is a fairly momentous weekend – it’s Saturday night and I watched a Movie!  Normally on Saturday nights I am working, catching up on transcription which needs to be completed by Sunday night – and because I like having Sunday off with the kids – Saturday is usually head down … tap, tap, tapping away … working.

However, this weekend I don’t have any transcription to do – so I took advantage of the break in work to get out a movie to watch.  I’ve decided one of the things that really sucks about being single is watching movies on your own.  If you really love it, you’ve got no one to share it with – if you really hate it, you’ve got no one to complain to!

I watched “The Reader” which won Kate Winslet the Best Actress Oscar this year.  It was a pretty amazing film.  Whilst I didn’t agree with some of the content (like a 30+ year old woman having an affair with a 15 year old!), it was very well done and thought provoking.

I also went to a wedding today (phew, I have been busy).  It’s the second wedding I’ve been to since I’ve been separated and they don’t get any easier.  It’s hard to listen to the vows, all the while thinking “I said that and totally meant it, but somehow it didn’t work out for me”?!  Hard – but something that you have to get through.  We’ve had 2 young couples get married at our church in the last month or so, with another wedding coming up in December.  There’s nothing more special than watching a bride walk into the church and down the aisle to her beaming husband-to-be.  It does your heart good. 

I hope you are having a lovely weekend?  I’m going to have an early night and catch up on my beauty sleep while I can.

Thanks for stopping by.

Fee x

[Via http://onbeingsingle.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment