Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Video Wednesday: The Wedding Singer....

A little over a year ago my daughter ‘79 got married. My son ‘88 thought and thought about what he could give her as a present. He didn’t have any money so he decided to give her something from the heart. He talked his sister ‘80 and her husband Mike, as well as their Uncle into playing her favorite song from the 1980’s at the wedding. This was a secret of course and ‘79 knew nothing about it until the introduction started. A few friends pitched in to round out the band and “voila” we are suddenly doing our own version of the Von Trappe family from “Sound of Music”. “88 is so nervous he had the lyrics on paper and his hands shook so badly you can see it on the video. He is a bass player and is always in the background, this was his first vocal performance. The song is “Take on Me” by A-ha.

This was taken by a friend and the quality is not very good so don’t judge! It only took a year for ‘73 to put it together in a format I could use, which for him is fast. He is still working on the videos of ’80’s wedding from 3 years ago, again don’t judge. So here is ‘88 on vocals, ‘80 on trombone, Mike and J. on trumpet, T. on drums, and Uncle Marty on keyboard……The Band.

When I had kids the one thing I was determined to do as a Mom more than anything else was to instill a love of music in them. I am so glad I did. Everyone in this family, except me, plays at least one instrument. It has enriched their lives beyond anything I could have hoped for. So be forewarned if you invite us to your party we may just break out in song because after all, we’re a band and I’m the roadie/manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment